Job Duties(s): Lighting, Scripting / Programming, Shader Writer / Creation
Software Utilized: C++, Python, MELScript, MTOR, SLIM
Genre(s): Visual FX
The Look Development Artist works as part of the Look Development team that defines all the technical aspects needed to create the appearance of a 3-D element.
• Creating or modify existing shader parameters, painting, and applying texture maps, or developing other custom software to accomplish the art direction goals of character or environment.
• Work with the show supervisors to create final looks and materials for 3D characters and environments to be used in production.
• Runs shots under guidance of Key Creatives
• Participates as a team member in determining various design and technical solutions; provides feedback to other team members of the production.
• 5+ years production experience in Features
• Strong, expert user knowledge of prman, mtor, and slim
• Experience rendering large datasets, experience manipulating ribs, and experience setting up Delayed Read Archives.
• Experience with Plug-in Ri Filters a plus.
• Strong problem solving ability and proven good creative eye.
• Ability to write and apply shaders a plus
• Programming experience (RSL, MEL, Python, C++ a plus) a plus
• Must be able to work in a collaborative environment, and taking direction from Supervisors.